La Tour Bayeux is a short-term tourist rental located in Bayeux, Normandy, France. To book with us please follow one of the following links:
Nestled at the top of a 400-year-old tower, this peaceful, spacious, light-filled loft is the ultimate in old world charm meets modern comfort.
Located in Bayeux’s historic medieval city center, La Tour is just mere minutes away from the world famous Bayeux Tapestry, Tourist Office and Place du Québec (pickup point for many D-Day/Mont Saint-Michel tours).
While the tower is just off the city’s main thoroughfare in the lively Saint-Jean quarter, the space itself is very calm and noise free.
A 10 minute walk from the train station, there is also free unlimited street parking nearby.
- 3rd floor (UK), up communal tower stairwell dating back to the early 17th century.
- Private entrance to loft with 3 point lock, individual key.
- Free unlimited high speed WiFi on private server network .
- Large screen TV with Netflix, basic cable and youTube connection.
- Senseo coffee machine, electric kettle, complimentary coffee/tea.
- Plates, glasses, mugs, bowls, cutlery.
- Bed 160cmx200cm (UK King, US Olympic Queen).
- Shower 120cmx80cm. Sink. Separated private WC. Towel drying radiator. Hair dryer. Large bath towels, hand towel, wash cloths. basic toiletries (Shampoo, body wash, q-tips, cotton pads).
- Coat rack, hangers, shelves.
- Books about local interests in English and French. Magazines. Tourist guides.
BOOK WITH US:
Train: Bayeux is a 2 hour train ride from Paris’ Gare Saint Lazare Train Station. Getting a direct ticket is preferable to avoid changing trains in nearby Caen. To reserve a ticket, visit the SNCF website.
Car: Bayeux is a 3.5 -4 hour drive from Paris. It’s also possible to take the train to Caen, rent a car at the Caen station and drive the remaining distance to Bayeux (approximately 20 minutes).
Ferry: The port of Ouistreham is about 20 minutes from Bayeux. It connects Brittany Ferry Lines with several ports in the southern UK. Possiblity to take taxi from Ouistreham to Bayeux.
Plane: The nearest airports in the region are Caen, Deauville, Rennes and Nantes.
If you have questions about your journey, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Paula, originally from Portland, Oregon (USA) and Alex, a native of Normandy moved to Bayeux from Paris 6 years ago in search of a slower life closer to family members and the coastline.
Renovating this tower floor by floor into a modern living space has been the project of a lifetime.
At La Tour Bayeux, we love sharing local tips and recommendations with our guests. We’ll gladly make you a restaurant reservation, call a taxi or help with any other travel plans. We love Bayeux and want you to have the best stay possible in Normandy.